Important things to know about Me!
1. My bed is my BFF…. it’s where all the magic happens 😉 and by the ‘magic’ I mean SLEEPING… just the sleeping people… come on, get your minds out of that gutter LOL.
I need SO much sleep to function. I’m talking at least 10 hours a night. I’m pretty sure that hasn’t happened since I got pregnant with my first baby in 2008. So needless to say, I’m tired ALL the time. I will pretty much choose my bed over any sort of activity or event. Don’t be offended, it is my BFF after all.
2. In connection to the above mentioned… I am NOT a morning person. Heaven help me, get those kids out the door to school. I’m of the opinion that nothing should open, or start till 10am. If you are a morning person, please keep your chipperness on the DL until 10am (much love 😉
3. People that are REAL, are my people! Please, tell it like it is. Don’t cover up your struggles and challenges. The only way we can help each other is if we know what you are struggling with. Be yourself, in all its messy glory. When we share, we can connect. We can understand and have empathy and compassion for others. This is SO important to me. Even if I can’t understand what you are going through, I can have empathy and compassion. There is so much cruelty around us. Compassion is more important than opinion.
4. I’m a clean freak, surrounded by slobs (aka my children). After 12 years of trying to fight the mess I have given up. They have 3 months left to reform till we move into the big house and then my tirade will begin (after I purge the house of 70% of our belongings). Kidding….. NOT kidding.
5. I will not ever be a pet owner… no chance, no way, no how! I know this puts me in the probably 5% minority of humans but I just can’t even deal with that. It’s like having a permanent toddler that never grows up. The mess alone would deter me, but I am also SUPER allergic to all of them. Dogs, cats, horses, rabbits…. anything with fur/hair. Even the ‘hypoallergenic’ ones. It just isn’t for me, but I know SO many of you are on the furbaby train, and I love you for it. Animals have a special place in the world. They do so much good for so many… just not me lol.
*And NO I would never EVER get a snake…. EVER.
If you can relate to any of these quirks of mine, I’d love to chat! Let me know how you found out about Jen Isackson Photography and how long you have been following me.